Mr. Marell is a graduate of Temple University, School of Pharmacy, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University, School of Law, and a Master of Law from New York University in Trade Regulations. Mr. Marell is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey and before the United States District Court, for the District of New Jersey since 1972, and before the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, since 1983.
Mr. Marell has been practicing law in the State of New Jersey for over thirty-five (35) years, having previously served as counsel to several pharmaceutical companies in Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey. Mr. Marell concentrates his practice of law in the areas of Construction Law, Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Law and in Land Use and Development. He represents both public and private sector clients in a variety of Commercial, Corporate and Construction matters, including drafting of construction contracts, review of Bid Proposals, addressing issues that may arise during construction projects, and litigating construction disputes that cannot be resolved by means of negotiating settlement of issues. Mr. Marell additionally represents clients in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial and industrial real property, associated mortgage lending and land use and zoning matters. He is currently real estate counsel to the City of Perth Amboy.
Mr. Marell is a former member and Chair of the Parsippany Zoning Board of Adjustment and former member of and counsel to the Morris County Planning Board. He is also a former Director of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and a Trustee of the Inn of Transactional Counsel.
- Seton Hall University, School of Law
- New York University, Master of Law, Trade Regulations
- Temple University, School of Pharmacy
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Construction Law
- Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Law
- Land Use and Development
Honors and Recognitions
- Selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyer, 2005-2009
- Past Chairman, Director Emeritus, Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Former Member and Chair of the Parsippany Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Former Member of and Counsel to the Morris County Planning Board
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Trustee of the Inn of Transactional Counsel